Primary Location:Elkridge, MD Headquarters with Mid-Atlantic focus.
Haymaker Technologies, Inc. is searching for Telecom Technicians. We are a professional services firm focused on Wireless Mobility, Network Infrastructure, and Network Security solutions.
The Successful Candidate Must:
- Have a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Be on time (or early) for project start times.
- Have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Have a clean criminal background.
- Be able to read and interpret blue prints and floor plans.
- Be able to install, terminate and test: Cat 5e, Cat 6, fiber and coaxial cable systems according to Haymaker standards as well as EIA/TIA and BICSI standards and requirements.
- Ensure grounding and fire stopping procedures are compliant with applicable standards and codes.
- Be able to communicate well both orally and written.
- Report to Manager or Project Leader about any potential problems related to a job.
- High School Diploma or GED and 3+ years experience in cable/fiber installation required.
- Physical ability to lift items of various weights, operate a variety of tools, and climb ladders is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Ability to submit accurate timesheets, expense reports, and other company required documentation is required.
- BICSI and/or industry certifications are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with fiber installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with distributed antenna systems (DAS) installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance is preferred.
- Experience with Anritsu, Fluke, or similar testing equipment is preferred.
- No clearance required.
- This position requires a background check, driving record check, drug test, and/or any other pre-employment test that the company requires.
Interested in this position? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.